Skip to Content

U.S. Passport Service

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all of your travel concerns are addressed. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives regarding passports:

How can I renew my existing passport?

If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday and has your same name, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail.

For more information on renewing your passport, visit the Passport Renewal Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

Is it possible to expedite a passport application?

Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedited processing which normally takes two weeks.

For more information on expediting processing, please visit the Expedited Service Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

If you need further assistance on a passport-related issue, please print out my Authorization Form and fax or mail it to my office.
Back to top